Saturday, October 17, 2009

Abel to Yzerman - Nothing in Between


Well, there certainly seems to be a mass of Red Wings fans with varying negative (and cocky) comments, and I felt the need to address some of them.

But first, I'd like to laugh at the name Abel to Yzerman. Fair weather Red Wings fans need to be reminded of the Dead Wings era, where from 1967-1983 the team missed the playoffs 15 out of 17 seasons. As unfathomable as it may seem, playoff births will be alot harder to come by after Nick "We can win games with Osgood because of me" Lidstrom retires.

I was going to go into a whole tangent about some of the things written by a member named IwoCPO, but many of them have been edited out.

Most notably, the line "Colorado has beaten San Jose, Vancouver, and Boston so far. I'd like to see how they do against a real team." As I said, cocky, especially considering they had their asses handed to them by Buffalo earlier this week.

Anyway, it should be a good game tonight. I'm sure Chris Osgood will be in his usual 3.31 goals against average form.

No comments: