Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ben Guite Anyone?


Am I the only one who hasn't forgot about this guy? The Denver Post has had no articles on him (except for this non-related article), and the Rocky Mountain news has merely a short blog stating "The Avalanche scratched center Ben Guite for the third game in a row tonight."

I know McCormick has played well. I know the record with Guite out of the line-up is 3-0-0. The fact of the matter is that this team hasn't been playing any differently, but has gotten slightly better goaltending over the last three games. Colorado's penalty kill, however, remains dead last with only a 70.4% success rate.

Going into the season, my, and I trust most observers, mentality was "Well, the Avs didn't get a penalty killer, but at least they still have Guite." But now even that's not true! I've seen everyone from Sakic to David Jones killing penalties; no wonder it's in last place!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not under the impression that Guite is the second coming of Kris Draper or John Madden, but he's better than anyone else in the line-up. He had one goal in the three games he played, along with a team best 56.5 face off percentage.

I don't know if he'll be dressed tonight, but I think he should be. Just my two cents on a hard working guy currently getting the short end of the stick.

No comments: