Monday, September 1, 2008

Who Will Make The Team? Part 1.


With the preseason quickly approaching, I'm going to make MY predictions on who I think will make the team. I'll be going position by position, starting with goaltending.


Goaltenders: Peter Budaj, Andrew Raycroft, Tyler Weiman, Jason Bacashihua.

This one is obvious; it's going to be Raycroft and Budaj. I can't invision either player being sent down in favor of one of the other two. They'd have to be playing REALLY poorly in the preseason, and even then it's a longshot. However, if at some point during the season the said goalies can't hold the fort, I wouldn't be suprised to see a call up.

So, we have 21 roster spots remaining.


Defense: Clark, Leopold, Salei, Foote, Hannan, Liles, Cumiskey, Tjarnqvist.

Well, your top 6 are going to be Clark, Leopold, Salei, Foote, Hannan, Liles, without a doubt. Tjarnqvist, who doesn't have a two-way contract, will also likely stay on the roster.

Honestly, I think Cumiskey will get sent down. While he's clearly better than Tjarnqvist, he has a two-way contract, and I don't know why Tjarnqvist would be signed if FG was going to put him on waivers. But, if there's an injury to Leopold (DON'T knock on wood), I expect Cumiskey to be called up. With only three bench spots avaliable, I doubt two of them will be used on defensemen with the log jam of forwards up front.

14 roster spots remaining.

Part 2 coming soon.

No comments: