Thursday, August 20, 2009

Analyzing Craig Anderson's stats

It's down time, and I haven't made a blog in a while, so I thought I'd make this one about Anderson's stats the past two seasons:

2008 Home: 5 GP, 1-2-0, .913 SV%
2009 Home: 11 GP, 3-3-3, .926 SV%, 1 SO

2008 Away: 12 GP, 7-4-1, .940 SV%, 2 SO
2009 Away: 20 GP: 12-4-2, .923 SV%, 2 SO

Now see why I made this blog (aside from the fact that I have no life and actually crunched all those numbers from a game log list)? This stat discrepancy can be looked at two ways:

a. He's able to go into other teams buildings and shut the door
b. There's alot less pressure on the road

Probably a little of both. Hopefully he shakes off his home "woes" so we don't have to see more than 20 games of Peter Budaj next season.

Fun Fact: In 40 starts over the past two seasons, Anderson has faced 40+ shots a whopping 13 times.

3 comments:

Jibblescribbits said...

I hate to be disagreeable, but the relatively few number of total starts could mean the discrepancy is nothing but pure randomness and luck...

.923, and .940 are both awfully pretty good. I'd take either one overall next season.

Tim said...

You know you can use excel to crunch those numbers quickly right? I can point you in the right direction if you like.

Magnum said...

@Jibblescribbits: Yeah, probably, but I had nothing better to blog about that day

@Tim: That's okay. I'm a little technically challenged so might not grasp in anyway, and on top of it I'm in the after math of a computer crash/re-format at the moment