Thursday, September 25, 2008

More On Claude Lemieux


I'm going to follow this closely; mostly because it's stunning to me, but also because I think it would be the coolest thing if he did make it back to the NHL- with Colorado, that is.

Lemieux has been working out with a fitness trainer for around the last 10 weeks trying to get his aging body back into shape. Also, he's been quoted (see above link) as saying he'd have no problem working his way up from the minors, and apparently has strong interest in returning to Colorado.

Now that's a confident man. To reiterate, I say sign him. He's inexpensive, he'll put people in the seats, he provides good leadership, and has 4 Stanley Cups to his name. That's a heck of alot more than can be said about some of the other Avalanche signings this summer.

Dater also speculates that Lemieux may be able to talk former Avalanche GM, and current president, Pierre Lacroix into signing him, and I think he's probably right.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'll comment more on this later.

No comments: